Question

WRKN

old debt with collection agencies how to remove?
Old debt - coming close to the time for it to come off my credit report. Now the debt is with collection agency and it appears that the same debt is now a new debt. Is there a way to get that debt off my report? I thought after 7 years the debt comes off the reports? I have been slowly building my credit with a secured credit card. I was hoping that this year or early next year my report would start smoothing out again.

Write a letter to the credit bureau explaining that it is a duplicate account and that it is past it's 7 year requirement...

Old Debt

Is there a special form to use to write to the credit unions to have them remove old debt on report? I have several old accounts still showing up from 7-10 yrs ago and I would like them off my credit report. Do I have to write a letter for each account? removed?long does it take before my credit score would show improvement after these have been removed?

Thank You for Your Time!