Question

iskita4

old credit issues are keeping my score low. how can I clear them up
The last couple years I have been paying things on time but I have stuff from years ago that keep my score low. What is a good way to resolve this

Depends on the status of the items. If any of them are not yet in collections, you can make payment arragements with them. When past due items move to collections, it will have a negative impact on your credit history. 

For items that have already been moved to collections or charged off, you will need to either settle the debt or wait until it falls off. Be advised, even if you pay the debt, any derogatory remarks will remain until the 7 years is up.