Question

havok224

Old collection being re-opened to settle for half.
So I had a loan from school that needed to be paid because it was not covered by financial aid since I did not finish the classes. So basically it has been about 3 years. I called the School to see if I can settle with them and pay them half. The school flat out told me we can set up payment plans but we do not do settlements. Then I called the old collection agency and asked them if I could settle with them. They said they can reach out to the school to re-open the case and they would be able to settle for half. I am waiting for them to hear back from the school so I can pay it off. Was this a good choice?

Forgot to mention

So basically it was in collections, the school said it was not with an agency to date. Then I called to agency and they are able to settle for half.