Question

Sunshine6895

Old collection account was recently removed from Equifax but not TransUnion.
I believe it was removed because of the age. It first went into collection late 2006, early 2007. I did contact them in August 2009 to make a payment arrangement and I think this restarted the 7 years? Is there any way to have it removed from the other bureaus, without restarting the clock?

Most Helpful Response

The seven year clock cannot be restarted. I am assuming that this is not a federal loan, so the 7 year reporting time period applies. Dispute the account as "too old to report" with Transunion and check to make sure it is not on Experian either and if it is, dispute it with them too. You are not going to restart the clock by disputing it. Any more questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you with this (just start a new question as this one will get lost).