Question

prg531

Old charged off Best Buy account showing twice???
I know that this is for a Best Buy account but does anyone have any idea about why mine would be showing as follows on my credit report? I have BBY/CBNA showing as charged off (life happened and I am now working on getting my credit fixed) but also am showing CAP1//BSTBY as 90 days late and a higher balance than the original BBY/CBNA account. I was under the impression that CBNA (Citi) purchased all of Cap 1's best buy accounts...so why would this be reporting this way? Any help is greatly appericated

If the loan was sold to another lender, all of them can report the account on your report, but only the current holder of the account can report the account as open and payment due/balance owing.  The balance increases every month because of interest, late fees, attorney and collection fees that they tack on.  If more than one is reporting as open, then send letters to all three credit bureaus and ask them to validate all the accounts.  They'll send you back detailed information.  Best of luck!