Question

minkey21103

old balances on my credit report
My credit report shows all old balances. How do I update it with the new balances so my credit score is correct?

It is up to the creditors to send updated information to the credit bureau. Most creditors will report to the credit bureaus every 30 days, some will report every 60 days or even quarterly.

I assume you mean your report on here (CK). It is update once a month. Just like the Credit Reporting Agencies. 

Updates are posted once a month from your creditors to the CRA's. None of them on the same date of course. The CRA's update your file  once a month.  So it can take 30 to 60 days for your info to be update through the system. 

I know I get frustrated waiting for all this to happen and see movement on my report.  You'd think that in this day and age info would move much faster But it is what it is.  An old  fashioned behemoth of a system. 

Write (or go online) to all three bureaus and the creditor(s) and request that they update your payment history and balances on your credit report.  They have to report accurate data by law (FCRA).