Question

MizzMegz

Ok so I have no credit how can I get credit I get denied for every credit card?

Most Helpful Response

Capital One

Capital One has great cards for limited history. 

Try a secured card.

You may be able to get one through your bank.  You'll have to deposit a few hundred dollars into an account and that will be your credit limit.  The interest rate will be high so you want to keep your usage at or below 20% of the total credit limit and pay the "Total Amount Due" as shown on the card statement in full before the due date.

A secured card is about the only way you can begin building a credit file.  After several months of proper usage, you will qualify for a "regular" credit card which will have a higher credit limit and a high interest rate.  Again, the usage and payment recommendations stay as above.

It does take time and patience to build credit, which must be used carefully to qualify for more over time.

Hope this helps.

age of items on credit report

I have items that reflect an age of over 7 years.  Why are they still on my credit report?