Question

alanbian

Nothing negative on credit report. Good credit history but so-so score. Need advice.
I have a so-so credit score (700ish) and it's been staying like this for about a year. I have nothing really negative on my reports. I have three active credit cards (with total credit of about $20000) and I pay off all my credit card loans every month. I think I am a pretty responsible spender however my score has been stagnant for quite a while. I know this is an OK score but I also know I need something better to get a better interest rate in the future to get car loans or mortgage. Any advice to improve my credit score when nothing really is negative?

Need more info

You said you "have nothing really negative on [your] credit reports."  But is there anything slightly negative or nothing negative at all?

Also, though you have 20K in available credit, even if you pay them off every month, if you are changing say 2.2K per month, your utilization is still 11% - which is slightly above the preferred 10% or less.

Have you applied for any other cards or even credit line increases lately?  Those will count negatively too.  Did you close any accounts lately?  if so, you may have reduced the age of your credit history enough to no longer be favorable.

Since the expressed purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH people how credit works and how to improve their score, and the information they provide works very well (my score is now excellent and it wasn't when I first signed up for this site), then I suggest making the time to read the articles here and utilize the financial tools so that you can learn these essential skills.