Question

darion7

Nothing helps my score?
I keep trying this simulator... But no matter what i try (add card ad balance pay stuff off transfer close acct open acct etc) nothing will raise my score. The only thing that occurs is that it stays the same or lowers)

The simulator has serious problems. If I choose the option to pay on-timefor 24 months, my credit drops which just is not true. paying off $1k of my credit card debt gets me a huge jump, but paying it off in full either will stay even or drop, so I don't really trust it yet.

Although this method won't give you a true number, it will give you an indication of what will increase your score. I recommend reviewing your credit report card in detail. Under each section it will tell you your grade and have a corresponding bar graph. For example if your credit card utilization rate is 61-100% your grade would be a D. Pay attention to the next grade, if you got your utilization rate under 60% you would receive a grade of a C and you can see the bar graph shows you it will correspond into a small increase in your score. Although not as awesome as the simulator would be if it actually worked correctly, it is a great indicator of what will help your score and also a great way to set short-term and long-term goals.