Question

Deo1231

Not sure how to move forward with Collections
I received a collection from my previous landlord. I've been in contact with them multiple times about forwarding my mail to the new place and asked if I owed anything. I received no notice and I wasn't told of any debt. The collections was opened about a month ago which would make it past a full year since i've moved from there.

Now there are two collections open one by Equifax and one by transunion opened on the same day for the same collection. Not sure what I should do.

Not that big of an amount of money. Should I just pay it off even if I'm not sure if it's legitimate? if so, which one should I pay? Or continue to dispute it?