Question

HappiGilmore

Not paying insurance premiums affect credit?
My insurance company cancelled my insurance and are asking for two months of unpaid premium, which I am protesting. They sent me a final notice before sending it over to collections. Will not paying it hurt my credit score? I never gave them my social security number. Do they have access to my SS? Also, how can I dispute these charges? After all they cancelled my insurance and are asking for the two months they provided coverage as the policy renewed from the previous year.

They are billing you for two month's coverage that you had not paid?  Well, of course it would be cancelled and sent to collections!!  The collection agency has the option to put it on your credit report if they want.