Question

DrTardis

not my bankruptcy....
My name is rather common. First Middle and Last. I have several bankrupcies on my credit report that are not mine as the SSn doesnt checkout and I have never lived in the states where they are posted from. How do I remove them from my report?

Write a Validation Letter

Google it for a template and more info. 

A validation letter will require the Credit Bureau to verify the info.  If they can't verigfy, it will be removed

Send this letter via the post office with a return receipt requested so you can prove that it was mailed later if needed. 

It's estimated that up to 70%of a;ll credit reports have mis-information on them.  It up to you to make sure that your info is correct and up to date.