Question

rodgermcknight

Not my Bankruptcy
My son who has my same name declared bankruptcy and it is on my credit record. How do I get this removed?

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute with the credit bureau reporting same.  Best to check all 3 credit reports every year. Start now by going to annualcreditreport.com and requestiion copies of all 3 reports.  Go over them thoroughly and file disputes with the credit bureaus reporting each error.  There are bound to be quite a few due to the identical names.  The credit bureaus have to investigate and either verify or delete the errors.

Make it an annual ritual to check your reports so that only YOUR information will be on them.  It's free, and can save a whole lot of hassle for you.