Not Advised On Deferment as a Guarantor
Against the wishes of my wife, I was a guarantor for my sons Sallie Mae Student Loan. We were getting statements regularly and then they stopped. We later found out that once he went into the Military, they deferred his loan and this is now showing on my credit report as a deferment. As you can imagine we are less than happy about this, especially as we feel Sallie Mae should of advised us as a guarantor on the account that this was what was happening.

We have now paid this off in a lump sum and have given our son a payment plan to pay us back less the interest and a swift kick in the butt.

How to we get Sallie Mae to correct this as we feel this should not of been deferred without the consent of both parties