Question

Tater511

No Response to my Pay for Delete Letters
I wrote and sent two 'pay for delete' letters to two different collection agencies via certified mail. I have the receipts. I sent them 6/14/16 and we are rapidly approaching the 30 day deadline and I have gotten no response. What is my next step?
I also sent two 'goodwill adjustment' letters to two student loan accounts that list a late payment during a family emergency (also sent via certified mail) asking to have the late payment removed, and have heard nothing back.
Do I send more letters? Since the collection agencies haven't responded, do I continue to dispute? Help please!

Most Helpful Response

Give it the full 30 days.  If no response, then they are not going to do a pay for delete arrangement or remove the late payment notices and that is their right. They do not HAVE to comply with your requests.  That is just a fact of life that has to be dealt with.

.

Tater511

Is it worth it to try again if I wait another 30 days?