Question

Daivopah

No longer on a CC account, but it's current use still affecting my score?
A friend put me on one of their CC accounts 5 years ago when I had financial issues. It expired this year in March, they did not renew my card on the account. I do not have access to the account. With me not on the account anymore, why does their current use of the card affect my score?

If their use of the card is having a negative impact on your credit scores you may want to contact the credit bureaus and tell them that you would like the account removed from your reports as you are no longer an authorized user on it. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with contact info.