Question

Bowwowaceput

No credit to Good credit? New cardholder help.
I'm starting off with no credit, and I'm hoping that over the next couple of years, i can get to a good credit score. I have one card now, that i was approved for by myself and no other cards. How much of my credit limit should i utilize (close to 0% or just less than 30%) and how often should i pay off all of my bills or all of the money on my card if I'm billed monthly?

Great question

A couple things to remember when using a credit card:

Pay balance off before the statement date.  This is typically when most CC companies report your balance to the credit bureaus, not the due date.  You can max out your credit card every month to rack up points or cash back rewards, and then pay it off just before the statement.  This way you're never penalized for carrying a balance nor going over the 30% mark.