Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

rpyrce

No auto accidents Our cresit score is excellent. Why is my auto score Poor?
My auto score is 800(Poor)
My credit score is Excellent and over 800
We have no auto accidents in our household for over 10 years.
We have no traffic tickets in over 10 years.
What is up with my auto score???

Same here

I'm in the same boat.  Greatr Credit, no cliams and yet I'm a poor when it comes to insurance. I'm writing my representitive.

possible answer

The most likely answer is hard inquiries on your credit report.  I had multiple hard inquiries when I was searching for a car loan and my insurance score dropped 40 points in that one month period.  It had to be that because nothing else on my credit report.  I've also read that in some insurance rate models, multiple inquiries are seen as risky behavior and they correlate risky credit behavior to risky driving behavior.  Seems like they're stretching it, but they're getting away with it.