Question

Gremmie81

New to billing cycles. Help please.
My first statement says August 12th-25th with due date of September 21st. Am I to understand that it is only counting from the date I opened the account to the last day of the billing cycle, and I have almost a month to pay the balance? It seems so, but my question is if I make purchases in the beginning of September... Are these ALSO due on the 21st of September or do they go on OCTOBER 21st due date....?

If you first statement says Aug 12-25, this means your cut off is "about" the 25th of each month.   It can vary if the 25th of the month falls on a weekend.  It would normally move ahead to Monday or back to Friday depending on the firm.  You'll know in a few months.  Your goal is to pay off the entire amount by the 21st so that you don't pay interest.   Now, everything you charge on that account before the 25th will be due the 21st of the next month.   If you charge something on the 27th of September, it probably will not appear on your statement until Your October statement being due in November.     Once you get your statement, everything extra goes on your next month.