Question

sballchic2

New Secured Credit Card?
I am interested in getting a new secured credit card from my bank and not using it. Keeping the balance at zero. I already have one secured card at another institution with a 40% balance. Do you think this new card, will help or hurt my credit score by adding more credit mix?

You should get your existing card balance below 30% before getting another card.  Any time you open a new account your score drops, but over following months it should increase as you make payments.  If you open a card and never use it, it won't help your score.