Question

DaveySC

New loan made my credit dip before the first payment
I got my first car and car loan about a month ago, and I noticed that before my first payment was even due my TransUnion score had dipped more than 50 points and it started me off with a poor Equifax score. Is this common?

Just a little note, in case it helps. My mom had added me to one of her credit cards to give my score a boost. It was sitting at 710-720 transunion (no equifax) before I opened the new loan. The credit card is still in good standing.

Can't comment on the 50 point drop itself. However, not only it's common, it's expected for your scores to drop when you take on any new line of credit, from inquiry(s), new account/age of credit and more debt for loans.