Question

phar1

New inquiry showed up with out my consent. Can I dispute it?
Have a personal loan which is almost paid off. I called and asked if I could re-finance and the loan person said she just had to look at my file. Never said she had to run my credit again. Can I fight to get it off?

When the finance company said she had to look at your file, she did not have to seek your permission to run your credit by telling you precisely that she was going to do a hard inquiry.  If you check your original loan documents, you may find that you gave them blank permission to run a hard inquiry on your credit at any time at their descretion.   When you want to have a hard inquiry removed from your credit, this is not usually one of the disputable items with the bureau themselves.  You should contact the creditor, indicating you did not authorize the inquiry and ask them to have it removed.   In making your request, you should always ask for any documentation that gave them the authority to pull the credit report.   This is usually sufficient for them to determine it was not authorized and they can retract it.  If they provide you with a copy of your concent when you initially applied, this would be sufficent authorization.