Question

rhirhi3

new immigrant in need of credit
I moved to the USA at the beginning of June. I am married to a US citizen. He has added me to his Kohl's store card account so I have my own card, and is also about to add me to his Capital One credit card so I will have my own card with them too. I do not yet have a job. What is the best and quickest way for me to build a credit score? I'm finding it frustrating as I had excellent credit in the UK. Wish you could bring it with you!

Basically what your husband is doing for you is the best option. Employement will also play a key role with you obtaining credit on your own...

We wrote this article for people in your situation: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/credit-tips-for-new-americans. Hope this helps!