Question

mnc2597

New Credit Karma is a Joke
Since CK updated the format, my score has plunged by about 80 points. I just got my Discover card Fico - 681 the same day CK puts me at 597. I have 2 other cards that provide a free Fico score, plus I have MyFico, and every single one of them is between 679 and 698. I don't know what they're using, but the CK score bears no resemblance to any scores I get anywhere else.

Most Helpful Response

Its because Credit Carma is paid for by advertisements.   I used to be on there too.  My score only went down,  I have not had a late payment or anything derogatory in 10 years.   If you notice on your home page with Credit Karma,  there are all kinds of sale adds,  They purposely keep your number down so you buy into one of the adds.  It is "free" but it is a scam to get you to purchase one of the products ..   

I completely agree

My credit scores provided via my credit card companies are at a minimum of 60 points higher than what I consistently get on Credit Karma. This site is consistently way off the mark and I'm certain that it taints credit/financial decisions for those who don't have their true/accurate scores and may unfortunately rely on this site.

gr8sk8rgold

*This is an update* For the past several months, my Credit Karma scores are consistently a minimum of 100+ points lower than my scores through the credit bureaus and my credit card companies. It seems that CK is not being honest about the scores so that they can sell products to us and ads to advertisers. I would not rely on these scores for anything. I came here at least a couple years ago before I found out that my credit card companies are giving me my credit scores for free. I've even paid the credit bureaus for my scores and they are ALWAYS MUCH, MUCH higher than anything CK states.