Question

mnc2597

New Credit Karma is a Joke
Since CK updated the format, my score has plunged by about 80 points. I just got my Discover card Fico - 681 the same day CK puts me at 597. I have 2 other cards that provide a free Fico score, plus I have MyFico, and every single one of them is between 679 and 698. I don't know what they're using, but the CK score bears no resemblance to any scores I get anywhere else.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

TOTAL JOKE

t's the opposite for me! I've been working on making mine better, finally got it up to what Credit Karma said was 687 and 680. Trying to buy a house, bank says " as long as it's over 620, no problem" so I say GO FOR IT! 

They hard pulled my credit (which is just going to hurt me more) and found out my middle score is actually only 587!!! I'm so angry. how can they be 100 points off! There are like 4 collections shown on my actual report that CreditKarma isn't even showing.

Had I thought it was closer to 600 I never would have authorized them to pull my score, I'm trying to make it better not lower it!

I guess I'm done monitoring with them. I'll pay so I can get accurate information.

Its because Credit Carma is paid for by advertisements.   I used to be on there too.  My score only went down,  I have not had a late payment or anything derogatory in 10 years.   If you notice on your home page with Credit Karma,  there are all kinds of sale adds,  They purposely keep your number down so you buy into one of the adds.  It is "free" but it is a scam to get you to purchase one of the products ..   

I completely agree

My credit scores provided via my credit card companies are at a minimum of 60 points higher than what I consistently get on Credit Karma. This site is consistently way off the mark and I'm certain that it taints credit/financial decisions for those who don't have their true/accurate scores and may unfortunately rely on this site.

gr8sk8rgold

*This is an update* For the past several months, my Credit Karma scores are consistently a minimum of 100+ points lower than my scores through the credit bureaus and my credit card companies. It seems that CK is not being honest about the scores so that they can sell products to us and ads to advertisers. I would not rely on these scores for anything. I came here at least a couple years ago before I found out that my credit card companies are giving me my credit scores for free. I've even paid the credit bureaus for my scores and they are ALWAYS MUCH, MUCH higher than anything CK states.

UNINSTALLING THE APP!

I've been paying my cards on time, EVERY time. My score according to Credit Karma and Credit Sesame say my score has plunged over 70 points! I used the calculator and put in that I would pay my debt off by $3000.. my score only went up by 3 points! wtf... all they suggest is applying for even more credit via one of their affiliates. I'm done with both of them, I'll be getting my credit scores from a more legit source!

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next