Question

ronnieb9580

New collection letter, how long to pay it?
I had an account at US Bank that went negative. I just got a letter from a collection agency for the first time telling me I have 30 days to dispute the claim. What if I just pay off the balance, will this collection show up on my credit since it's less then 30 days old? I've never gotten anything from US Bank before this saying they're going to put something on my reports, but US Bank had been calling me for 2 months. And there's nothing negative on my credit report from US Bank.

I am shocked that there isn't negative info from US bank or the debt collector showing up. I would get the debt paid asap if you can afford to do it. If you mail the debt collector a check or money order, write on it "collector agrees by cashing not to report to credit bureaus" or something along those lines or if you call them tell them that you will pay it in full as long as they agree to not place in on your reports. I wouldn't delay in taking care of this.