Question

Ferro80

New charges posted on my closed account
I closed my credit card account almost 2 months ago with no pending transactions and fully paid off.
45 days later (yesterday) I got an email from the card issuer saying that they just posted a transaction dated 2 months prior and they basically reopened my account in order to let me pay the new charges off.
Is that legal, can they do that?
I have proof that when I close the account there were no charges pending and zero balance and that was also reported by the credit card issuer to the borough of credit and it shows in my credit report already.

Can I refuse to pay?
Please give me advice.

You better call a consumer law attorney for advice. Only you know if you owe the amount or not, if you do I would advise paying it before it damages your credit. If you are certain that you do not owe it then call a lawyer.