Question

3ccr

New car w/ loan from dealership, too early to refinance for something better?
I just got a used 2010 Prius from a dealership and did my financing there. I knew that was a bad idea and I ended up with a %10.99 interest rate. My first payment isn't for another month. My credit score has improved ~40 points since I got the car for other reasons, and Credit Karma is telling me that RateGenius can get me a %3.99 interest rate. Is it worth it to apply if it takes a hard hit on my credit? (Btw I have never missed a payment for anything I only have 1 credit card and student loans so my credit isn't built up yet). Thanks for any help!!

Dealerships can often get the best rates and, since you said your credit score is low, a 10.99% interest rate isn't a bad deal.  Hang on to the car and work kon building your score better.  I don't advise trying for any of the recommendations f rom Credit Karma since the info is not based on your toital credit.  I have not accepted any of their recommendations since the site is strictly for teaching how credit works, and is not a credit bureau.