Question

Epigenetics

new $25 balance on unused card - score here dropped 16 points. Is this reasonable?
I had been advised that it's good to use credit cards lightly rather than having zero balance for years on end. I therefore used my "emergency" credit card to buy some $25 shoes for my child. The next time I log into CreditKarma my score is 16 points lower, taking me from "excellent" to "good".

This sounds a little unreasonable. Is it?

Most Helpful Response

nope

Reality is that score fluctuate all the time,  If you use a card that you have not been using it will drop you score temporarily. 

Credit companies like to see you use the cards. In fact some will "suspend" your account if you don't use them often enough. 

You would see your score rise if you used and paid off that card on a regular basis. even if it's once every couple of months.