Question

txjogger

NEVER SIGN UP FOR TRANSUNION CREDIT SERVICE!!!
I went through the process to sign up with Trans Union Credit Service. I got to the page for my credit card info, and gave the necessary information. Upon submitting this information, I was directed back to the log in site. I tried logging in several times, to no avail. I waited about 30 mins, still was not able to log in. I called Trans Union, talked to a representative, went through the whole spill again, to no avail. I was really getting frustrated at this point. I spoke with a Supervisor, who again, proceeded in going through the sign up process again..however, I refused to give my credit card info a third time. After spending 20 mins with this guy, he say for some odd reason, Trans Union was having "technical" difficulties. I asked him to PLEASE just cancel my account. His reply was that he was not able to do that because of 'technical' difficulties. I said I did NOT want my credit card charged, his reply was that it would take 45-60 days for the account to be rectified...thus, $33 charged on my credit card and I still do NOT have a credit report. He ended the call by giving me yet another number to call on Monday. This is RIDICULOUS! I told him that they were in charge of reporting credit scores for millions of Americans and could not cancel my account?! This sounds like a scam to me....please, stay AWAY from Trans Union Credit Monitoring services! As it stands, I stand to lose money without any credit report. I want to keep my credit standing and these guys are making it impossible.

Most Helpful Response

Still Getting Run Around

Called TU again, still no resolve.  They are still having technical difficulties and giving me the line itwill take 45 to 60 days to rectify and solve the problem. I still have no report, yet they will charge me $34. I feel like calling the BBB.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

I don't do credit monitoring.

It's ridiculous to sign up for some credit monitoring service that you have to pay for.  I keep track of items online with my bank and/or credit card.  Once a year, I go to freeannualreport.com to get copies of my credit reports from all 3 credit bureaus and check them out to make sure all information is correct.

Dealing with TU? Think again

I agree. I have signed up for credit monitoring services and trying to get reports from all possible sources, and even directly from the bureaus and can surely say that TU is the most finicky. Even disputing an itemon credit file with them is frustrating. In my experience, Experian is the best. As far as electronic transactions (like viewing your report online or logging in), I have always had problems. I just don't understand which era are they living in.