Question

lyoung7390

Never received bill from medical provider who has open collections accts for me. What can I do?
I moved about one month after seeing the medical provider. However, I had already changed my address with the US Postal service. I feel like it's not my fault I never received the bills. Because if I had, I would pay them. Anyway, contacted the collections agency and paid them off anyway. Can I get them off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

What you should have did is attempted to get a "Pay For Delete Agreement" PRIOR to paying. Since you have already paid, wait a month or so to see if they are removed from your reports instead of just marked as paid. If they remain after a month or so then you will want to send "Goodwill Letters" to the collection company asking for them to kindly remove the negative accounts from your reports. In this letter you will want to explain your situation and plead for their help in restoring your credit profile.