Question

Posted in Banking

Kyjuan

Never needed a cosigner before so why now?
I joined Texas Trust Credit Union when my bank closed shop in Texas and sold all its branches to BB&T. I had heard nothing but good things about credit unions so that's the direction I went. I had an old loan that had been transferred to BB&T as well that I wanted to get rid of by getting a new loan through Texas Trust so I applied for one. It was only for 6,000. They took two day to come back with, "We can only approve you for $2,500 and you need a cosigner". What the heck? I got the original personal loan for $10,000 from Citibank with lower credit, making less money than I did now, and with NO cosigner. WHY would a credit union act treat me this way? Am I missing something?

Some lenders act like that, they are all different companies, so you cannot expect the same things from them all. I would look for a new bank and in my opinion credit unions are overated and are not as good as many people claim them to be. For me, the bigger the lender the better.