Question

harbors

negotiating with credit card companies

How to negotiate with credit card Co

What is the best way to negotiate with credit card companies?  I was going to file chapter 7 but got bad legal advise and now I want to negotiate with the credit card companies that I haven't made a payment in 3-4 months

Not really a best way as I believe there is only one way. Contact them and ask them if they could settle the account for less, give them an offer (lower than you are willing to pay) let them counter-offer if they are willing to negotiate and go from there. You will have to pay the amount in full right away most likely.