Question

Spartacus32

Negotiate/Validation payoff??
I want to know how to validation" of all the collection accounts I am new to this?

I am unemployed recently and want to clear my credit report. I have a state Tax lien from 2000 and want to make an offer on this to get it off report and have them take it off my report?? Want to know best practice on how to do this with all of my debts and get them to take it off my report

To determine the value of your collection of the State Tax lien from 2000, you need to know the statute of limitations of the state tax.   Federal Taxes are not subject to a statute, if the same is true of your state, then the value of the Tax Lien is the full amount.   Negotiation of the settlement would then be subject to what your state would accept to pay it off.  If your state taxes have a statute, if you are after that limitation the value is now 0 as they can't legally collect from you.   So the value is what you would be willing to pay for a debt which cannot be legally collected.  Good luck on your research of the Statute of Limitations for your state.  Some debts can be refiled within the statute of limitations, thus extending the date, you will need to determine if this occured as well.

Spartacus32

Thanks so much Faidos for your info as far as my other debts how do I do a validation of all collections is there a form or process I need?

Most of all I want to make sure that when I get a negotiated pay off they take it off my CR how do i do this?

Thank you again