Question

rockindaddy

Negotiate payoff without derogatory mark on my report
My home burned down last Christmas eve, we were displaced from our home for 10 months and stayed in three different places.Kept current on all my bills that i received ,but never received any from one of my store creditors.With all that was going on rebuilding our home it never came to mind .I realized when I saw it on here that it went delinquent.How do I resolve this without derogatory remarks on my report? Thanks!

Contact the creditor.

It sounds like it's less than a year old, so if it hasn't been sold and is still with the original creditor give them a call.  The number should be on the back of the card  

You can hope to get a sympathetic ear on the phone that will listen to you.  If not. Hang up and call again. Chances are that you will get someone else. Ask if they can work with you to remove the late pays once the account is current. if you can't pay off the account right away work out a payment plan and stick to it. 

Good luck.