Question

BOSTON976

NEG CREDIT REMOVED
I have NEG. CC accounts on my report from just about 7 yrs. ago now. will be between may thru oct of this yr. my credit used to be good at one time but lost job been hard finding steady work in my field ect. & fell to a 543 recenty got 2 credit cards premier bank & credit one only 2 months ago to reestablish credit my question is how do I go about removing the NEG credit on my report
Thanks for any help

Most Helpful Response

Never pay just the minimum....

you play right into thehands of greedy corporations that make so much money off of people that pay "Just the Minimum"  Look at your bill.  Paying the minimum can sometimes take up to 20 years to pay the balance off, not to mention any new charges you make. 

Always make the largest payment you can. There is no need to pay the outragous rates that they charge. 

Credit cards should be used the way they were intended, to make purchases without having to carry cash. They aren't a way to buy what you can't afford.  Thats called "Living beyond your means"  Before you make a purchase you should know how that purchase is going to be paid off.    Keep that in mind and you won't ever have trouble with your credit. 

BOSTON976

Thanks good insight 

7 year stature of limitations

Most states have a 7 year stature of limitaiton law which requires collections to fall off your report. Check your state! Bakruptcies and Judgements however stay on your credit reports for 10 years. If you only have credit cards and medical bills bad debt wait it out and don't pay anyone. I say this because if you waited all this time dealing with the bad debt reporting wait just a little while longer. Once this bad debts falls off your score will go up. I would also recommend that you set up auto debit for your current credit cards. Set it up for the minimum payment and schedule it 7 days before the due date this will help you tremendously. I hope this helps!

BOSTON976

Thanks for the info was wondering though is there anything I have to do to have it removed or will it just fall off on its own   

Thanks again