Question

Financillychallenged

Need to refinance my mortgage with a fixed rate. Most mortgage companies do not finance mobile home.
Our credit is poor/ fair depending on which credit report is checked. I'm not happy with the bank we have our current mortgage with so I'm looking for alternatives. I have no late payments, my scores are being affected by medical bills. I have two sons in the military and my deceased father-in-law was also in the Army. Would we qualify for a loan as a military family?

Your options will be limited with a poor/fair credit rating. Loan types vary on mobile homes depending on the state you live in and if the mobile is on a permanent foundation, on owned or leased land. Some lenders won't give a real estate or mortgage loan, but a personal loan. That in turn leads to whether you pay personal property taxes or real estate taxes. Mobile homes tend to, or at least used to depreciate in value, rather than appreciate.  Mobile home taxes used to be paid through the Department of Motor Vehicles in California. Since your sons are in the military, have them give you the names and phone numbers of some government agencies. Do some research online via search engines and make some phone calls.