Question

mgaitonde

Need to raise my credit score from 470-650! HELP!!
I have really bad credit utilization and have been bad with making payments. I have a couple accounts with late payments on there. I can now start making payments on a regular monthly basis though. How long does it take to get from a very poor score to a good score? I'm a student so it's been tough trying to make payments on student loans and credit cards.

raising credit

470-650 and higher takes time, but to reach that goal is about being on time with your payments. Credit card UTILIZATION must stay around 10% to 15% of credit cards limit, meaning if you have a $300 limit only use $30 to $45 of that limit each month. The key is learning how to mamage your money, not to get into debt which is the mistake of many.

Make a budget and stick with that budget with the income that you have and not live past your means of income. You can't make $1200 a month and spend $1500 a month or your in trouble.