Question

sashasecrets

Need to file Bankruptcy, Cant afford high cost attorneys asking for over $1000
I need to file bankruptcy, saying that I can not afford to pay off my debts. Therefore I can not afford the high cost of an attorney. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to file bankruptcy without trying to raise a over $1000 JUST to file it!! Help;) I live in the Harford County, MD area if you have any attorney or legal referrals. Thanks. (duh isn't filing bankruptcy meaning that you cannot afford to pay your high debts - you can not even afford the monthly payments?? wow)

A bankruptcy attorney will do everything necessary to file your bankruptcy plus cover the attorney costs. Part of that fee may be the court costs and filing fees which have to be paid no matter who files the paperwork.  Do-it-yourself bankruptcies are done only by fools who do not know the procedures and end up hurting themselves in the long run.  If you have consulted with a bankruptcy attorney (the initial consultation is usually free) that attorney may have some ideas on how to bail yourself out without filing bankruptcy.  Good to pay attention.  Otherwise, I suggest getting a second job and sellling some of your 'toys' to get ahead, plus stop buying on credit for a while.