Question

notinthe1percent

Need to consolidate debt but also need a car loan, help!
I have a large credit card debt of 11K but I also need to get a newer car. I could greatly benefit from consolidating my debt and make it manageable to pay off but I also need about 18K for a newer car. My credit score is 723. Do I consolidate or get car loan or do both in a short time?

It would be smarter to get the credit card debt paid off and keep it paid in full every month.  Whether or not you might be able to get a car may depend a lot on your debt to income ratio which we can't see here.  You MIGHT be able to get a consolidation on the credit cards but, if you do, DO NOT close any credit cards or you will be hurting your credit score. Think carefully before deciding which way to go.

I would work on getting the cards paid down with the consolidation loan first. Get that loan paid down by at least half or better and then next year try to get an auto loan. Keep your head on straight here, if you need a consolidation loan to pay what you have now, then even if you went that route but added a car payment to it, you would be right back into the same bad spot you are now. I know this isn't the advice you want to hear, but it will greatly benefit you in the long run to be patient. In the mean time try to find a cheap car to get you by or repair that one that you got.