Question

StreamDweeler

Need Some Encouragement? Hard Work Pays Off
I have wanted this card in my wallet forever but have always been afraid to apply and be declined as I was rejected for the card in the past.

When I stated rebuilding my credit from "the Great Recession", my credit score was in the 500s and I could not get a pizza financed. I have been working on getting my credit on back on track for several years now and this year, I really decided to learn how to play the credit game. I began reading, learning, and applying my credit knowledge and when I did, my score began to soar. Over the past few months, the pre-qualified credit offers have been pouring in. I get as many as 3 per day in the mail. I would open them, review them and then discard them. I did not want to have a hard pull on my credit and be declined for just any credit card. I really wanted an AMEX.

Finally, with a 747 FICO score, I decided to go to the AMEX website and have a soft pull done to check for pre-qualified offers. They came back with 3 cash back and bonus point card offers and I reveiwed the choices and decided to take a leap of faith. As I pushed the enter button on the application, I actually closed my eyes and held my breath. When I finally opened my eyes, the screen said, "Welcome to American Express". Credit Limit $10,000. :)

Most Helpful Response

Isn't that the most awesome thing?? Congratulations. :)

StreamDweeler

It was one of the best feelings of my adult life. I could have cried. It was an amazing milestone!

Congratulations! It is a great feeling to reach a new level.

StreamDweeler

Thank you! It was truly a new level!