Question

caa0423

need some advice...
i have a really low credit score. i've struggled with money the past few years and got behind on my credit card payments. i got a new job a few months ago and im finally being able to make my payments on time. what other things should i do to improve my credit score?

Since the primary purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people about credit, how it works, and how to build a good credit score, I do suggest you do as I first did when I joined this site and that is to read the articles provided and utilize the financial tools also provided on this site.  The damage done by the late payments will disappear over time, provided your current and future payments are dependably regular, and you work towards the goal of being able to pay the full amount due every month so you don't end up paying interest.

Since nothing will happen instantly,patience also is needed and you will gradually want to increase the amount of available credit which you will use prudently from now on.  I found the advice on this site very helpful.  I'm just patiently waiting for the negatives to drop off my credit report but, with the information provided by this site, my score has improved a lot.  Yours will, too.