Question

Lostmywill

Need help with dealing with a court direction on a loan that isn't valid
In the past I had a card from a bank. I got into financial difficulty and the account was charged off in 2014. I tried working with the card issuer but I finally communicated that I had to focus on mortgage. The last time I received any communication from the card issuer was in late 2014. Now I get a court thing from some company I have never talked to or even know who they are telling me I owe them. Need advice on how to proceed with this. I know the debt is still on me but this court summons is all lies. What to do?

You will find a great deal of information on credit in the articles here since that is the focus of Credit Karma.  Also,look up FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) which tells what collection agencies can and cannot do.  Depending on the age of the debt, find the article here on Statute of Limitations on Collections since that varies by state. And there is the need to know how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement with the agency. You have received a letter from a collection agency and some like to look like it is from an attorney.  What you need to know is your rights under the situation and you can learn that after reading this information.