Question

zz91

Need Help with Chase Sapphire Rewards Approval?
Hi Guys! I am hoping you can help me out. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Rewards Credit Card online, but after I did that they told me my application was pending and I needed to call them. After I called them, I verified my identify, and then before they could even say anything told them to change my SSN number on the application because I realized I had a typo in entering it. After this, they came back and told me they would review my application and let me know within 14 days, and that I had to fax them in a copy of my government issued ID. Right after I got off the phone with them, I faxed them my driver's license and SS Card.

My CK is 721 currently, I have a car loan that's been outstanding since May 2013, I have a Best Buy Credit Card with a $2,000 limit that I have $700 that has been outstanding since March 2015 (I bought a laptop on it), and I have a Barclays Apple Rewards Card with a $4,000 limit I also got in March 2015 but have never used once (I thought I was going to buy a Mac, but changed my mind). ALL my payments have been made on time in each month and I have never defaulted once.

My question then is, what are my chances of getting approved? Or will I be denied? And if I am denied, will this hurt my credit score or will it go on it?

Thanks so much again!

You will need to ask them..

How can you ask a community if you will be approved? It is a LENDING Agency that decides that. We cannot in any way possible let you know if your odds are good of being approved. I can say that by entering the WRONG SS# right off the bat sent warning flags and red lights blurting out everywhere but just wait and see what they say. Hard inquires on your credit do not look good but they are not a huge factor when deciding to issue you credit. If they see that other card with 4k on it and you haven't used it once, guess what, you are saying you won't use theirs either and when you don't use, they don't make money on interest so you basically answered your own question IMHO.

zz91

Well I am new to building credit and attempting to, so I am trying to watch and do everything right. I know the minimum limit for the Sapphire weas $5,000, and that would be all I would need as I only want to use it for dining out, some travel, and gas just to keep building my credit history but have a card that can reward me more in terms of points. 

I do realize I am new to this, but I wanted to see other people's experiences in applying and situtaions which is why I was asking on here how other people were approved is what I meant. 

Do you think I should start using the 4K credit card right now and paying it off so they can see there's activity on it? If I end up getting rejected because there's no activity on it, can I call the reconsideration line and explain to them the only reason I am not using that card is because I wanted a more favorable rewards and points system which your card offers?

I am new to all of this, so any advice is appreciated. Thank you very much!