Question

Jfer56

Need help restoring my credit score! (college student)
HI, I am in deep trouble (in my opinion)
I am a senior in college, and I am about to move in 1 year back to my home state.

I have almost $3000 in credit card debt and I have 3 accounts in collections (medical bills). I dont know what to do, my credit score has gone down from a 700 down the dumps to a 607.. I dont know if i should pay off the collection debt asap (since itll stay on my credit for 7 years) or pay off all my credit card debt and have small monthly payments towards the collections debt. If i go with the second option, will having about $0 balance on my cards be affected still from the 3 collections on my score?

Please help..

607 is nothing compared to 443 ....i would say pay them ASAP !! Dont make my mistake

Pay your credit cards first, you don't want them to become delinquent and lowering your utilization will help your credit a little, but maybe not a lot since your scores will be depressed by the collections. Start reading about PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENTS so you know the proper way of handling those collections whenever you get enough money to pay them in the future.