Question

Jdog121673

Need help on building my score
I've been diligently working on getting my credit score up. I have 4 student loans from 2009 from the school (not federal) and I recently called the credit bureau to see when they come off. They told me 10 years but everything I googled on the web says 7 years.. so which is it 7 or 10 years? Also I have a tax lien that has been paid off in 2013. How can I get that off too? ( I have the letter to prove it)

Most Helpful Response

If they told you ten years, the accounts must have been closed in good standing and are not showing negative information. If they are negative accounts then yes they must be removed in seven years. The tax lien may remain for a while, probably not much you can do about that, but at least it is paid.

Jdog121673

You think if I send a good will letter for the tax lien they will take it off my credit report?. It's been 4 years since it was paid.