Question

Victoria117

Need help, My credit score went down 43 points in one day?
I was checking my credit score today because I was trying how my score was and I noticed my credit score for transunion went down 43 points in one day! I was freaking and I was confused because my equifax score went up 9 points. Im really confused as why this happened. I got a credit report from Transunion and received the same score and still down 43 points. The only new thing I noticed on my report was it says a remark was removed from my account between March 3rd and the 13th, it says payment deferred. Im confused why did my score go down so much? I dont even make school payments until April.

I am not quite sure how the scoring systems calculate deferred debt. A guess is that maybe when you have debt in deferred status the debt is not counted against you and since it came out of deferrment the amount now counts against you. This is only a guess, but if this is the only thing that changed on your reports I suppose it may be a possibility. Don't forget to check your FICO scores from time to time. They don't seem to rollercoaster as much as they do on here. I watch my scores on here bounce up and down all the time by a larger number that 40pts. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Watch your FICO scores and put your worry into them. Sometimes it isn't worth worrying as it does you no good, replace worry with patience, you will feel better. It takes time to get debt paid down and you can't force the hands of time.