Question

mari054

need help I was tricked to being a home owner now
I agreed to be co signer of a house but I was put as the main home owner. House was lost now I am worried that this will affect me. I just retired in June. what can I do to take off info from my credit report which says bankruptcy

Co-signing means you're on the hook for the debt if the main debtor defaults. I suspect you're stuck with the black mark since as a co-signer, you're listed as a co-debtor on that debt when the bankruptcy was granted. However, I don't know that for certain, so... I suppose you culd talk to a lawyer about it, or file disputes with the bureaus, but I have no idea how much that will help you.