Question

MichaelT123

Need help fixing credit report error… Authorized user on mother's card?
My mother opened a department store credit card in 1995 when I was 7 years old. I became an authorized user on it a few years ago and have maybe used it twice. No credit was given to me and I am not obligated to any of the debt, I am simply an authorized user. I have just checked my credit report for the first time in many years and this card that is my mother’s is on my credit report. It is negatively impacting my report and I would like it removed. 1) What steps do I need to take to get this removed? 2) Can I remain an authorized user and have it taken off my credit report? Or do I need to be removed as an authorized user first before it can be taken off?