Question

bzymom67

Need credit report ASAP for bankruptcy filing
How do I get my credit report? For some reason, Experian and TransUnion both seem to be saying I have to mail in my request...I want to get this filing moving to stop all the collection activity.

Call Experian and TU and ask why you have to mail in your request.  I assume you've been to www.annualcreditreport.com?  Here's a link to a good credit monitoring service, all three bureaus and only 16.95 per month (you can cancel within intro period and not pay anything, I believe) www.myiqreport.com.  

Addison170

By the way, filing BK will hurt your credit severly for about 3-4 years, so don't file lightly.  It often causes more problems that you think it will solve.  Visit www.credit.about.com and I believe at the lower part of the page there should be a link for Consumer Bankruptcy or you can search for it at their website.  Lots of great info so you can be informed before filing.

Actually, bankruptcy hurts credit for TEN years.  Been there.