Question

jason2483

Need better score. 3 accounts will report delinquent. No CC. Will getting a card help?
A year ago I went delinquent on 6 accounts. I settled 2 in December and 1 settlement is pending. The remaining 3 were charged off last year and a 1099-C was provided. However, the institution will be reporting them as delinquent until the statute of limitations expires. I will not settle with them because I can't afford it and it was their egregious error that caused me to go delinquent in the first place. They will not pursue the debt because they know this. I need to relocate and most rentals require a 650 credit score. Mine is currently 635. I have no credit cards. I have 2 vehicle loans and a student loan with a fantastic positive history. Never late etc. Would getting a credit card help improve my score in the next 4 months?

Well a postive credit line will help.  You will probable have to get a secured card but yes it should help.  You might see a dip at first from opening a account but it will go up.

jason2483

Thanks.